SHEQ Advisor – Barnsley06.11.2017
Voltcom Limited are seeking to recruit a highly motivated SHEQ Advisor to join our expanding team.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a proven track record of influencing and promoting SHEQ best practice culture within a multi-site business. As SHEQ Advisor, you will need the ability to travel regionally in the role to support and drive continual SHEQ improvements across the business through the implementation of SHEQ Management Systems.
Reporting to the SHEQ Manager, you will be actively engaged with all levels of internal stakeholders at all stages of the construction process.
- Working closely to advise the Site Project Management Team, work parties and our contractors, understanding their goals and accountabilities in relation to SHEQ.
- Helping to promote a culture where SHEQ considerations are integrated into everyday practices and processes
- Coaching and mentoring managers, employees and contractors to engage in sound working practices
- Identify areas of improvement within the company
- Undertaking mandatory health and safety training, including activity briefings, tool box talks, inductions, adverse event investigations, managing site based audits and reviewing RAMS
- Providing general site based support ensuring continued compliance with company management systems and policies
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Safety, Health and Environment legislation
- Attending scheduled client meetings and safety conferences with members of the Site Project Management Team.
- Actively promote the company’s vision and values to internal and external stakeholders.
- Additional ad-hoc duties as required.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- The confidence and ability to push back and challenge processes when necessary
- The ability to engage others and influence behaviour
- Be self-motivated and able to work autonomously, under minimal supervision
- Be solutions-orientated
- A flexible approach in supporting a demanding, reactive team
- A desire to upskill and undertake continuous improvement training as necessary
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
- 2 years’ electricity overhead line or utility experience
- Site vehicle with fuel card
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Mobile phone, laptop and tablet
To be considered for the role please send your CV ato email@example.com