Across the entire group, Voltcom can demonstrate and is committed to maintaining an impeccable and demonstrable Health & Safety record. Voltcom Group prides itself on being safe and places it as paramount at all times.
Keeping our workers safe from harm is a top priority at Voltcom.
Committed to Zero Harm in all aspects of our work, we have a safety record that is the envy of construction firms worldwide.
We do everything in our power to make sure our workers return home safely.
Our Health & Safety Objectives are:
1. To maintain zero fatality rate throughout Group operations by having in place a robust monitoring regime to eliminate fatal risks and ensure a strong Health and Safety culture throughout the company.
2. Keep the public safe from harm by ensuring works are carried out in a safe manner and access to the public is controlled at all time in and around our work areas.
3. To ensure no health and safety prosecutions or enforcement action throughout Group operations.
4. To prepare a new Health and Safety Strategy by the end of Q2 that will embed health and safety priorities within all decision making processes throughout the Group.
5. To monitor health and safety accidents and near miss reports and report to the board on a monthly basis, detailing trends and corrective action taken.
6. To keep the workforce informed on health and safety performance by the introduction of monthly bulletins, giving regular feedback on health, safety and environmental performance.
7. Board members to carry out an average of 12 site safety visits per annum.
8. All employees to receive induction into our recently attained safety management systems registered to OHSAS 18001.
9. To engage with all our clients and contractors to ensure a safe working environment on all projects. This to include health and safety audits/visits on contracts employed by Voltcom.
10. Keeping our people healthy by introducing an annual Health Assessment for all staff, with follow-up health checks when required.
We are proud to have been awarded Alcumus ISOQAR certification, internationally recognised standards that ensures services meet the needs of clients through an effective integrated management system incorporating quality, environment and health and safety. Our decision to work towards Alcumus ISOQAR certification demonstrates our commitment to providing continual improvement and consistent service to our clients […]
Voltcom Group, a principal contractor to the UK electricity transmission and distribution market, has secured a multi-million pound capital investment from Beechbrook Capital. The funding package, which comprises both equity and debt, provides Voltcom with the working capital to deliver its fast growth sales projections and fulfil a secured order book which exceeds £100m. Headquartered […]
Cardiff based construction firm Voltcom Construction, has been awarded a reconfiguration project by Scottish Power Energy Networks in North Wales that will require design, project management and construction services. The network reconfiguration will involve the removal and replacement of steel lattice towers and will enhance flexibility of the network supporting the North Wales area. Voltcom […]
Voltcom Construction Limited have enhanced their delivery team in Northern England with the recent appointments of Gavin Kington and Chris Lunn. Gavin & Chris bring a combined fifty years of Power Transmission and Distribution construction experience to Voltcom and will work with operational delivery teams from Doncaster. With specific experience in the construction of steel […]